SUP – Stand Up Paddle Boarding in Tahoe: 5 Tips and Treats
Interested in joining the busy fitness craze of paddle boarding? Add this sport to your love of swimming to enjoy Lake Tahoe’s crystal clear water.
- The Lake Tahoe Water Trail Paddle Community is a great place to start learning about events and connect with others passionate about stand up paddle boarding in Tahoe. They offer a complete listing of 2015 paddle board events on their website.
- Paddle boards weigh from 15 to 40 pounds, depending on the style and the weight of the rider. Most are 8-14 feet long. There are several roof rack systems available for easy transportation.
- To date, there are eleven locations that offer paddle board rentals and sales. Of these, four offer lessons as well: Adrift Tahoe, Tahoe Adventure Company, Waterman’s Landing and Tahoe Eco Sports. Find the complete rental list here. Several businesses also sell paddle boards.
- Take a look at Tahoe SUP if you’re interested in a custom paddle board. Designer and founder Nate Brouwer has created a new style board that will hold your dog and supplies as well.
- Last of all, time to get inspired! View the video below of smooth waters and calm sunsets with gliding by on a paddle board.