Every year big plans are made to mark the passing of another year. 2017 slipping into 2018 will be no exception. Do you have any reservations yet? Or will the festivities be at your home?
If you decide to take advantage of some of the local celebrations, below are a few venues that will help you ring in the new year in North Lake Tahoe.
- A local favorite that children and adults alike enjoy is the annual Light Parade on New year’s Eve on Tahoe Donner’s Race Course Run. Ski or board down the hill in the dark holding a glow stick. It’s a site to see! Sign up between 4:30 and 5:15, enjoy some snacks and music and then hit the chairlift at 6:15. It’s a no cost event that the kids will remember for a lifetime.
- Another favorite is the Kids Glowstick Parade held at Squaw Valley. Participants must be able to ski or ride unassisted in the dark on Exhibition run, holding a glow stick. The parade starts at 6:30, fireworks are at 7.
- Squaw Valley has music in the Village for the evening, as well as parties happening at many of their establishments. Three of the stand out events are the Squaw Valley Prom which is a party for anyone over age 21 in which [proceeds benefit the High Fives Foundation and New Year’s at PlumpJack Cafe. Another family favorite is Dinner at High Camp but as of this writing no details were yet available. Reserve quickly, it’s always a sell out!
- Northstar Resort holds its Fire & Ice celebration on New Year’s Eve with music, ice skating, fires and s’mores. Fireworks are set off at 9pm. Make a dinner reservation at the Ritz Carlton for a sit-down meal at Manzanita or relax in The Living Room’s more casual atmosphere.
- Resort at Squaw Creek usually has a New Year’s Eve grand Celebration Party that includes a gourmet buffet dinner. This event is only for adults over 21 and requests you wear formal attire. Don’t worry about childcare though because they also have a Kid’s Night Out New Year’s Bash and a Teen’s Night Out Bash.
- For a dinner with a view, Jake’s On The Lake in Tahoe City is a wonderful waterfront dining experience. In the past they’ve put on some multiple course dinners to celebrate the evening.
- Homewood Mountain Resort has two New Year’s Eve seatings available at the West Shore Café where you can also enjoy lakefront dining.
However, you choose to ring in the new year in North Lake Tahoe, nothing is better than stepping out into the stillness of the winter evening, thankful we get to spend another year in this beautiful place.
If you discover in 2018 you’d like to set down roots in Tahoe, give me a call, I’m be happy to help you find your new mountain home.
“This list was accurate at the time of publication, please check directly with the venue to ensure dates, times, and locations remain the same.”